Thursday, February 26, 2009

trying to tell a story

So, you know how everyone, at least once, has shot the ball on the wrong hoop before?
••• ...
Well, I grabbed the ball on the rebound and somebody hit my arm and made me shoot the ball...
••••• No one hit your arm!
Yes they did!
••••• No they didn't!
Well, I grabbed the ball and for a second I thought it was our hoop and I started to shoot, but when I remembered, someone hit my arm and made me shoot it on the wrong hoop.
••••• No they didn't. You shot it on the wrong hoop. It's okay.
Well it was right after half time so we had just switched sides.
••••• No it wasn't.
Yeah it was.
••••••• It was.
••••• Okay, fine. It was.
And the refs were making fun of me like they have never shot on the wrong hoop before.
••••• Maybe they haven't.
No, they have. EVERYONE HAS.
••••••••• They're like 12.
I'm 12.
••••••••• I know. Actually, I thought you were 11.

4 comments:

The Melkman said...

where did this come from. I never get tired of this type of sequence where someone tries to make a story sound not so bad, but then the other person keeps saying that's not how it was, so they are forced to finally admit to the embarrassment after quite a few changes to the story. It makes me laugh every time.

KDav said...

CLINT! CHANGE THAT STUPID BACKDROP COLOR! IT MAKES MY EYES GO CRAZY! IT'S VERY HARD TO READ YOUR CREATIVE, QUARKY, INNOVATIVE AND SILLY BLAHGS!

stern mister serious said...

This, Melkman, was a wonderful experience. Cassie says, "Hey Andrew, tell Clint what you did at your game today." Then Andrew tells the ensuing dialogue. What was funny though is that, apparently, earlier he had no trouble just saying he accidentally shot it on the wrong hoop, but that was talking to his sisters—I think he had to try and save face since now he was talking to a guy. It was a lot longer than I posted too, (partly cuz I can't remember it) and I was cracking up the whole time.

KDav, take it easy. I'll give it some thought. When I get the time I may go through some other options. Does it really hurt that bad?

stern mister serious said...

The background color is now Deep Ocher. I hope it's to your liking.