Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Messenged

> Getting Ren to download IM was a mistake. Every day he's like "hi" and i'm like "yes?" and he's like "whats up?" And then that's it. As if when he signs on like he walked into a real room of people and feels obligated to say hi to everyone.
>> Seems like in 2000 when I first got messenger I thought like that a little bit.
>>> I don't think I ever thought that.
>>>> Like if you're logged on but you're not talking you're just ignoring them like a jerk.
>>>>> Like walking right past them without acknowledging them.

1 comment:

4-Slyce said...

isn't that the truth. IMing has thrown a wrench in our culture. I think we're getting used to it now. IMing world creates a big room where your friends enter, but that's not how it should be. Our culture is tough to transform. (And sorry, I'll stop saying hi online and that's it.)