Tuesday, February 12, 2008

girl talk goes full circle

) I just mean people like the idea of me more than the actuality of me. They like the idea of being with an artsy type, etc.
} Alright... I guess that's you, the artsy type. Maybe the idea of you is just so good that it's hard to live up to. Therefore, I propose that you need to change the idea of you. No more of this artsy stuff.
) What do you mean?
} No more black turtlenecks and French berets ...seriously, I don't know. I'm pretty sure I wasn't being too serious.
) I know. 
} How into the aquarium idea are you these days, on a scale of Shrimp to Whale? •((the shorthand scale))•
) Haha. I'd still love to see it.
} Hmmm. Interestingly worded. No sea creatures whatsoever...
) A sea turtle then.
} Eh, okay.
) More than an urchin for sure. But less than a great white. Or something.
} Ha. Yeah. I know where the sea turtle fits in the scale. I think it means you like the idea of it more than the actuality of it. Or maybe the opposite.



Scale of Shrimp to Whale
1.shrimp 2.crab 3.urchin 4.eel 5.sea turtle 6.octopus 7.dolphin 8.shark 9.sailboat 10.whale

2 comments:

Kristopher said...

I'm the bottom rung of this scale too.

Jaws demonstrates that a sailboat can beat a shark (barely), and Moby Dick demonstrates that the whale wins in the end.

stern mister serious said...

You are so thorough, I love it! Thank you for validating the sailboat's spot in the scale. Though I'm not sure that the rest of the scale would stand up to such scrutiny.